Riding a three-wheeled bicycle is a great form of exercise for individuals of all ages. For many individuals, adding a third wheel to a bike is a better option than a traditional two-wheeled bicycle. Below, we want to highlight some of the main reasons to consider making the switch to cargo bicycles and adult tricycles.
- A third wheel allows the trike frame to be placed lower to the ground than a bicycle. By being lower to the ground, you will be able to go faster (even in harsh winds)
- A third wheel offers outstanding balance, so for older riders who are fearful of tipping, an adult tricycle is the smart option. Being active at older ages is vitally important for mental and physical help.
- Adult tricycles are more adaptable than bicycles, which means that the disabled and limited mobility riders can still experience the open road.
- Riding a three-wheeled bike is better suited for evenly distributing weight between legs, back, feet, and bottom. Riding a tricycle for adults is often seen as more comfortable than riding a bike, reducing strain and injury drastically.
- As a result of having lower gravity than a bike, a trike has increased aerodynamics. The triangular shape of these cargo bikes helps to cut through the wind as you ride, meaning that you experience significantly less drag on your arms and legs when compared to riding a bike.
- Tricycle seats are more comfortable than bicycle seats. A trike has more room to add big and comfortable seats.