Purchasing an adult tricycle is an excellent investment. Adult trikes are more comfortable and stable than their two-wheeled counterparts. They are a unique way for older adults to stay in shape. If you own a tricycle, you may be wondering how to ride your new equipment safely. Let's go over the top safety tips.
- Wear a helmet - The stability of a tricycle makes some think that there's no need for a helmet, but this is not the case. While it's unlikely to flip over a trike, it's not impossible.
- Don't ride too fast - Tricycles do not pick up high speeds. While the extra wheel adds a boost of stability, it limits the capacity for speed. Never go too fast when riding.
- Be mindful of what's behind you - The widest part of your tricycle is the rear which can make it easy to forget. Be careful when going through tight areas.
- Follow the law - Research the laws in your area before heading out. Be mindful of pedestrians and other riders. Due to the additional wheel, tricycles are larger than bicycles. Be respectful of others on the road. In some cases, you'll need to use the street.
- Create a pre-trip checklist - Before you head out, ensure that your tricycle has all the safety features, such as bicycle flags, reflectors, and lights. Check the tightness of your handlebars and ensure you have properly inflated tires. Always check the brakes of your tricycle before heading out for any trip.
If you are in the market for an adult tricycle, let us be your first call. We also specialize in cargo bikes.