When buying a new bicycle, there are many different types of bikes to consider. One bike model that you may have heard about is an electric one. You may be asking yourself, “should I get an electric bike?” While the answer to this question varies, we’re here to provide you with all the information you’ll need to make an informed decision.
Let’s go over the basics of an e-bike by answering the most common questions:
- How long does the battery on an e-bike last? Where and when you ride your electric bike affects the longevity of the battery life. To extend the life of your battery, ride in eco mode and spin the pedals fast. Riding in cold temperatures and riding steep hills are some things that reduce the life of your battery.
- How do I care for my e-bike? Aside from battery maintenance, the care for an e-bike is similar to that of a traditional bike. Caring for the battery of your bike is important and will vary slightly depending on your model. Make sure the battery is fully charged. If you commute to work, consider an additional charger to keep in the office.
Aside from battery maintenance, an e-bike does not differ too much from a traditional bike. In fact, in many ways, an electric bike is a better option than its traditional counterpart. Here are some of the top reasons real users love their e-bike:
- It allows me to keep up with avid bike riders.
- Riding one is healthy and fun.
- Allows me to reduce my carbon monoxide emissions.
If you’re in the market for a new electric tricycle or bike, let us be your first call. We’re here to answer all your questions.