A cargo bicycle allows commuters to skip the car altogether when traveling with goods. A cargo bike comes with storage space in either the back or front of the bike. This additional storage lets you carry products throughout the city in an easy way.
How do you pick the right cargo bike for your needs?
- Price - Keep in mind that a quality cargo bike is an investment. Prices range from $1200 to $6000.
- Availability - Keep in mind that individual shops will not carry every brand that you're looking to buy. You will have to shop around in various stores and online to find the brand that you want.
- Storage - Cargo bikes are heavy and bulky, so storage is always tricky. They also entice robbers, so make sure they're locked up at all times. Due to their size and shape, moving them around is hard work, so you'll want a ground floor storage area.
- Electricity Assistance - Adding electricity to your cargo bike does increase the bill significantly. However, for many, it's money well spent. If you plan on taking lots of trips or live in a hilly area, the boost from electricity assistance is worth the price.
- Accessories - I already mentioned that cargo bikes are a magnet for thieves. Having someone steal your pricey investment is one of the worst things to happen. A secure lock is a necessity to ensure it's not taken. We also suggest you purchase a double kickstand for your bike.
We'll help you find a bike for your needs. We specialize in cargo and adult tricycles.